• The restraints/safety straps should be used EVERY time.
• Do not use the tray to keep your child in the seat.
• Never allow the child to stand in the high chair - the chair can tip and fall as well as the child.)
• Do not leave the child unattended.
• Make sure the high chair is in its full locked position in order to avoid the chair folding up.
• Keep the high chair a safe distance from walls, counters, and tables so that the child cannot push off of those surfaces.
Hook-On Chair Safety Tips
• Do not use on glass tabletops.
• Use on sturdy dining tables only - the table needs to be able to support the child's weight.
• Do not use with tablecloths or placemats.
• Never leave your child unattended.
• Always secure the safety straps.
• Do not use on tables less than 1/2" thick.
Booster Seat Safety Tips
• Do not use a booster seat designed for the table in a vehicle.
• Make sure that chair seat is larger than the booster seat.
• Do not place any cushions between the booster seat and the chair.
• Do not let your child stand in the booster seat.
• Never leave your child unattended.
• Make sure the booster seat is secured to the chair safely.
General Precautions for the whole House
• Use outlet plug covers for all unused sockets.
• Use corner protectors and edge cushions to protect your child from sharp corners.
• Use safety locks on all windows.
• Make sure there are smoke detectors in all sleeping areas.
• Install a carbon monoxide detector.
• Keep batteries, ashtrays, and purses out of children's reach.
• Use cord shorteners to keep cords and wires out of reach.
• Use safety gates to keep children out of dangerous spaces, such as fireplace areas or stairs, once they begin to crawl/walk.
• Do not let baby near the stove, especially when cooking.
• Turn pot and pan handles toward the back of the stove so that your child cannot grab them.
• Keep all cleaners and detergents locked up safely.
• Never leave your baby unattended in the kitchen.
• Install cabinet and drawer latches/locks.
• Use stove and burner guards so that the stove is covered at all times.
• Do not seat your child on the counter where they could potentially reach hot or sharp objects.
• Consider using eco friendly cleaners instead of harsh chemicals.
• Make sure all appliances are out the child's reach.
• Keep the toilet lid down and secure the lid with a latch.
• Place soft or inflatable covers over bathtub faucets to prevent the child from any bumps.
• Use non-skid mats in the tub to prevent slipping.
• Do not leave water in the bathtub when it is not in use.
• Keep the medicine cabinet locked at all times.
• Make sure that all medication is kept in childproof containers.
• Keep all cleaning supplier locked up safely.
• Unplug all appliances such as blow dryers, etc. when not in use.
• Always make sure that there is nothing plugged in near the bathtub or water.
• Install door stoppers in order to prevent children from pinching their fingers or getting locked in the room.
• Use a nightlight socket cover.
• Check all the locking mechanisms on toy boxes, etc. in order to prevent pinching as well.
• To prevent injury consider using braces or anchors to secure furniture to the wall.
Be Informed and Get Involved!
Visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission in order to view product recalls and safety tips. You can sign up to receive updates via email for recalled products; you can also download an App for this information! The Consumer Product Safety Commission website also has a wide variety of videos you can view for safety tips and childproofing for your little one. You can also view recent news so that you stay current on the changing policies, regulations, etc.
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Your Recently Viewed Items
Items Recommended For You
You have no recommended items. This feature is available after history of few viewed products to better match the recommended items